Title: Production/Class 1 Operator - Suffolk, VA
Kraft Foods is the world's second largest food & beverage company. Do you have a passion for food? Want to make a delicious difference? Kraft is a company that challenges & inspires you to achieve your best, rewards you with a professional career development & personal satisfaction, & values who you are. We understand that actions speak louder than words, so at Kraft Foods:
* We inspire trust
* We act like owners
* We keep it simple
* We are open & inclusive
* We tell it like it is
* We lead from the head & the heart
* We discuss. We decide. We deliver.
We make today delicious in over 145 countries where we sell our products. And, our employees can be seen in action in more than 70 countries. At Kraft Foods, we relish innovative thinking and fresh ideas - we invite you to consider having a seat at the table.
Kraft Foods is an equal opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We actively seek to maintain a diverse work force, and Kraft therefore recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Benefits: 401K, medical, dental, etc.
To learn more about Kraft, visit our website at:
"Helping People Around the World Eat and Live Better"
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Ability to effectively operate all current and future equipment / job functions in the department and demonstrate high level of competency on performance validation checks
* Achieve expected performance results on all equipment operated per reported data from the OEE/MES system and other department measures.
* Utilization of the OEE / MES system to monitor line status and to configure production runs
* Adjust Ishida scale equipment to achieve expected performance results
* Perform machine changeovers and set-up with or without the use of tools
* Replace worn parts as needed (air pads, knife blades, Teflon tape on heating bars)
* Attend to machine breakdowns, identify necessary resources to repair, and assist in troubleshooting to bring equipment back to operable condition
* Adjust equipment with or without the use of tools to achieve a high level of performance
* Document work notifications on a computerized maintenance management system
* Perform preventive maintenance tasks
* Load materials necessary to maintain operation and identify/process out of specification materials for hold and rejection
* Use a computerized operator interface to make critical machine adjustments
* Clear all machine jams & effectively restart equipment
* Perform all required QCMS work instructions including but not limited to: leak detection, oxygen level, allergen free inspection, weight control, packaging material verifications
* Obtain supplies necessary for machine operation utilizing work saver or forklift and record transfer using the Prism system
* Perform sanitation responsibilities on equipment necessary to provide an allergen free set-up and changeover
* Utilize manufacturers manuals and/or handbooks to obtain data and troubleshooting on the machinery operation
* Provide break relief for any operation, including palletizing, within the department as assigned by supervisor
* Operate trash and cardboard compactor
* Properly handle oil stock and rework and transfer to the appropriate department
* Perform all duties described in the Cello Palletizer job
* Comply and actively participate in all safety (KSRMP) and environmental (KEMS) policies, procedures and programs. May serve on KSRMP team.Comply with all QCMS program requirements including HACCP and GMPs.
* Perform area housekeeping duties.Perform all tasks as assigned by supervisor.
* Must have experience with maintenance and/or operation of automated production / packaging machinery.
* Must have the ability to understand and identify basic machine components and hardware.
* Must demonstrate mechanical skill level on evaluation.
* Must demonstrate mechanical skill level on hands on evaluation following training and instruction.
* Must be able to utilize vendor operation manuals to make critical machine adjustments.
* Must be able to use a computerized operator interface to make critical machine adjustments.
* Must be computer literate and able to learn department systems.
* Must be able to attend / travel to off-site training if necessary.
* Must have and maintain a good attendance record.
* Must become TQR qualified.
* Must be able to communicate effectively written and verbally.
* Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
* Must have forklift license